...by Lauren (my sister-in-law) of Whatsoever Things are True. She wants to know about 6 unimportant things that make me happy. So, hmmm. Here we go.
Foot rubs. I love to have my feet rubbed. Love it. Unfortunately, Josh doesn't have quite the thing for my feet as he does for my hands. I can't really blame him; feet are generally kind of gross. But the occasional rubbin' I do get is so very much enjoyed and appreciated.
Clean sheets. I don't feel like this is actually unimportant, but it makes me happy. Getting into a bed with freshly cleaned sheets is heavenly. They're nice and tightly tucked, crisp and cool, and smell so nice and inviting. Ahhhh....
Fresh Flowers. We rarely have fresh flowers around here unless it is Mother's day or Mama's birthday. That's when we have the family over for a meal, and usually the only time I make an effort to put fresh flowers on the table. The men don't care about flowers like women do, or else I'd do it for their birthdays and Father's day too. Anyway, they're just so nice! I just don't usually think to pick them from our yard and put them in our home. I am happy to say, though, that right now there is a beautiful bouquet of vibrant blue hydrangeas on the table. I was at Mama and Daddy's the other day admiring their bountiful hydrangea bushes; they are very well established and the blooms are huge and gorgeous. I decided to clip some stems so I could enjoy them at home. They're lovely and they make me smile.
Earrings. Earrings are something that I rarely wear. Josh isn't a big fan of them (actually he despises them, but that's for another day) so I don't own many pairs, and the ones I do have don't get put to use very often. But every once in a while when I go out with my girlfriends or if I just really want to wear them (he doesn't not allow me to, he just thinks I look better without them), I put a pair on. They make me feel pretty, younger, more outgoing, and just good. They're fun.
Margaritas. I love a good frozen margarita. They make me even more happy now than they used to, because they are now so few and far between. We used to go to our local Mexican restaurant every Friday night, and I would always order a frozen margarita. Yum. Well now that we have Bennett, we don't get to go out to eat like we used to. Money, early bedtime, fussiness at the table if we try to stretch the bedtime, etc. You get the idea, and if you're a parent, you totally know what I mean. We try every once in a while to make them at home, but there is just something about the ones at the restaurant, you know? And part of it is just being out, around other people, in the atmosphere. And that salted rim. Mmmm...
Facebook. Since every once else seemed to name blogging (because, let's face it- we're all addicted to it, because it makes us all happy!), so I'll say facebook. I do love getting on every day and checking in on my friends and family. Why are we so interested in what our friends, family, and those people we knew in elementary school (who we haven't spoken to in years and will likely not speak to in the future) are doing every waking second of the day? And what makes us think that they want to know that we're about to mop our floor or go to bed or get our AC fixed? I'm not really sure, but we are, and they do!
So to follow suit, I will tag a few folks. I tag Lisa at Goodnight Elisabeth, Ashley at A Sense of Purpose, Dinisha at Letters to 'A', and Kelly at Carolina/Georgia Girl.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


1 comment:
mmmm, clean sheets. and i almost put facebook, but if i had to choose between the 2, i'd pick blogging. :o)
Post a Comment