"Is Bennett awake?"
"Yes..."
"Bring him out here, quick."
"Who's out there?" (I looked terrible. Truly.)
"It's not someone, it's something."
So I take him out there, and this is what we find:
I'm not sure why Josh felt the need to add the "quick" part. It's a turtle. And according to my nephew, the sound they make is "III'mmm sssoooooooo sssssllllooooowww."
Bennett, surprisingly, was not all that interested in him. He pretty much just looked at him,
smiled for the camera,
and walked off.
I really thought he'd be all about it. Like he was all about the gigantic (trust me, gigantic) earth worms Daddy uncovered in Grandpa's yard the other day. Bennett just immediately, with no hesitation at all, reached down and picked the worm up. He held that huge thing in between his two little fingers and watched it writhe around. It dropped to the ground, and he went right back for it again. So I was a little disappointed that he didn't make friends with the turtle. Turtle? Box Turtle? Tortoise? I don't know the difference.
Whatever he was, he was quite large. Josh wears a size 12 shoe, and this sucker was about that long. He made his way in between Josh's feet and then stayed there. We realized he was trying to get into the shade.
Josh put him in a box and took him a couple streets over to a lake. We figured his chances might be slim sticking around here. Too many cars runnin' around through here.


1 comment:
That little boy is tooooooo cute. And, I think it's really sweet that Josh went out of his way to take the turtle to a safe spot. :o)
Post a Comment