*sidenote: I believe we have finally come to a final decision on what my parents are going to be called. It started out Arlou and Dude, then went to Grandma and Grandpa, and now we've kind of settled into Grandmama and Papa. I hope it won't cause any confusion between the Pop (which is what we call Josh's dad) and Papa. If so, I don't think it would last very long. Both Grandmama and Grandma are still being used, but I like the sound of Grandmama and Papa together. But it doesn't matter if it winds up being Grandma. So, maybe the decision isn't quite final. We're getting closer, at least. Maybe by the time Bennett is 5 he'll know what to call his grandparents.
Okay, so we went to visit them this morning. Mainly just because I needed to get out of the house. I've got to go back to work, because I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic being at home all the time. I spend as much time outside as I can, but that creates a problem because the inside of our house just goes to pot.
Bennett has decided that his new waking hour is 6:00am. For the last 4, maybe 5 days in a row, this is what time he has gotten up, no matter what time he went to bed. Josh suggested closing the blinds in his room since he is basically waking up with the sun rising. We closed them this evening before I put him down, so we'll see how that works. I hope it does, because this is exhausting. It's hard enough having to watch after an 18 month old boy that is into everything, but even harder when you want nothing more than to still be in the bed. Lots of coffee being made around here lately.
Anyway, we visited them and hung out on the front porch a little,
and let Bennett go wild in the cabinets that he's allowed in over there (which is pretty much all of them). Did I mention he's into everything?
We came home so Bennett could have a nap. After his nap, he ate lunch.
We have squash up to our ears these days (which reminds me, I really need to do a garden update). Josh and I have been eating it every other night, and I eat it for lunch most days too. Well, I decided Bennett needs to do his part to help us out. He's not a fan of steamed or fried squash, so I was sneaky today and mixed a bunch in with some mashed potatoes (hence the yellow color). He loved them. And, he fed himself! I've let him try here and there to feed himself, but I usually wind up taking over because I don't want to have to bring the water hose indoors. But today I decided to let him go. He's getting old enough that he needs to be doing this anyway. What a good job he did!
Of course, it was really thick mashed potatoes, but still.
It was the cutest leech I've ever seen.
He had applesauce with supper, which he also fed himself. Much, much looser than the potaotes at lunch, but he did just as well with it. Josh came in about this time and was very impressed by his little man.
So now he's in bed and I will be too, before long. I'm tired. Tired but happy. :)


2 comments:
Can I just say, I love that you said "goes to pot." Reminds me of my mom and grandmother (side note: we called her Ahwah). Pretty much every weekend growing up, my mom told me my room was going to pot.
Ahwah... that makes Arlou not seem so strange! Arlou is actually my mom's middle name, and her cousin came in one time when Bennett was first born and said, "Is Granny Arlou here?" My mom liked it, just minus the "Granny."
And the "Dude" has a story too. Maybe I'll go into detail about that one later. :)
Post a Comment