Anybody know of a good dermatologist? I desperately need some moles removed. These awful things have been a part of me for, well, my whole life. And at 29, I am ready to say goodbye. Especially since pregnancy made them even bigger. Seriously - they grew with my belly (not quite at the same rate, but close). The bad part is, they didn't shrink back to normal size afterwards, like my belly did. I don't guess I can honestly say that my belly did either.
Anyway, I want them gone. I know I should be happy with what God gave me, but I have a new reason for wanting these suckers off my chest. And back. And legs. And neck. And armpits. I'm starting to sound like an ogre or something, huh? Yeah, it sucks.
Bennett is infatuated with them. He is so into poking and picking at them. Gross! And ouch!
Anytime he is sitting in my lap, he turns around and with a huge grin on his face, starts towards my chest with his two little fingers in pinch position. He thinks it's a game. I know he'll grow out of it, but I'm looking for an excuse to really go get them taken off, so be quiet. This is my excuse.
And, this. I kept Elizabeth for Greg and Cici Saturday night so they could go to a wedding and then a party. I say "I," because Josh was out of town all weekend (getting the worst sunburn he's ever experienced, and the worst I've ever seen. Another reason we need a good dermatologist. That, and the weird discolored spot on his face that concerns me).
When Elizabeth stays with us during the week while Cici is in school, she naps in her pack 'n play in the front living room downstairs. I didn't feel comfortable letting her sleep down there overnight while Bennett and I were upstairs. So I put the pack 'n play up in our bedroom. Long story short, she didn't like the new surroundings. So, around 1:30am, into the bed with me she went.
It felt so good to snuggle with her! I know it's a bad, bad thing to do, but I can totally see why so many parents let their children sleep in the bed with them. It's so comforting. To get to my point, Elizabeth woke up pretty early. Earlier than I was willing to get up. So, I kind of just laid there, drifting in and out of sleep, while she just laid next to me, looking at me sweetly and softly jabbering. I guess she got bored, because next thing I knew, I was woken up to what felt like something biting my armpit! I jumped, and saw Elizabeth on her belly with her two little fingers pulled back, just having pinched a mole near my armpit. Ouch! (Cici, I know that's gross, sorry).
Maybe they think they're trying to help me out by picking off that dirt or bug or whatever they think it is on my skin, but it's really not very helpful. If they could hold a scalpel or a laser and actually get it, that would be helpful.
Elizabeth, Bennett, call me when you get your PHD and we'll talk.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


1 comment:
My sister-in-law...is covered with moles.
;o)
Post a Comment