Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bennett Update

Oh, so many funny things lately.  Bennett is just never-ending entertainment.  I could just listen to him talk and smile and smile and smile.  … unless it’s him saying, “But Mama, what will it doooooo?”  Or “What will you saaaaay?”  Or “What will I saaaay?”  Or “What will it saaaay?”  That’s what he says after any time you tell him not to do something.  It’s not “why not?”  or “But why?”  It’s “But what will you say?”  And I have to answer, “Well, I’ll say Bennett, I told you not to do that and you did not listen to me so now you're being punished.”  Or “Bennett, I’m sorry you got hurt.  That’s why I told you not to climb on the couch.”  But after a while you stop answering and he keeps on until you just have to say, “Stop asking me that!”

But for the most part, I love to listen to that little boy.  Today as we were coming home from Montesorri, he stopped at the bottom of the back steps and looked at the rosemary bush that Josh absolutely butchered cut back the other day.  He took the entire middle of it out.  Anyway, Bennett looked at it and said, “What happened to it?”  I said, “Daddy cut it the other day and didn’t do such a good job.”  He said, “Mama, that’s un-sep-able.” 

The other day I was trying to get him to put his shoes on so we could leave.  After several attempts to get him to put his shoes on with still no success, I became impatient.  I said, “Bennett please get over here and put your shoes on!”  He said, “But Mama, you’re makin’ me fush-chated.”

He's also becoming more and more independent.  He likes to go to the bathroom all by himself lately.  He told me this afternoon, "Mama, I need to doh to da bafroom.  I do it all by myshelf.  You stay in da chi-chen (kitchen)."  He went into the bathroom and shut the door.  I kept doing what I was doing and could hear him in there talking to himself, non-stop.  After a good while, I decided it'd be a good idea to check on him, because who knows what he might be into in there.  I opened the door and peeked in and saw this:

He looked up at me and said, "But Mama, I'm not finished!"

Well.  I guess he's officially a male.

No comments: