Friday, May 22, 2009

You Are What You Eat

Okay, so I have this really good idea for a diet.

I have really gained some weight in the last couple of months. I lost all my pregnancy weight really quickly, and while I gained a little back a few months later, I stayed right around 5 pounds heavier than before I got pregnant. I know it's probably just an old wives tale that nursing helps you keep the weight off, but I swear, since I stopped nursing I have gained 10 pounds. I feel like I've tried to eat better, but maybe I haven't really. And I don't know why, but I have such a hard time making myself exercise. I just don't like it. But I have to do something. I told Josh the other day, "I'm to a point now that I either have to lose some weight or go buy new clothes." I have two pair of pants that fit. And one of those is a pair of work pants that are covered in paint. Not good. His response to my statement that day was, "Well, the answer is obvious." Yay! Shopping spree!

Oh.... that's not what you meant.

So, since I need to do something, I have been trying to decide on a plan of action. And then it came to me. What if I only eat what Bennett eats? I am so careful to make sure he gets the right amount of veggies, fruits, grains, nuts and seeds, etc. He hardly ever has anything sweet or fatty - no chips, cookies, not even tater tots or chicken nuggets. And he only drinks water. What if every time I make Bennett a meal, I make myself the same meal?

I think it would work wonders. But can I do it?

I want to.

But not tonight. My Totino's is almost ready.

No comments: