Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun at Pop and Gigi's

We went to Snellville last Friday for a couple of reasons. Number one, Josh had an appointment with the doctor he grew up seeing. We haven't found anyone here yet that we are comfortable enough with to call our "family doctor." Number two, it happened to be Lynn's birthday, and Steve's was two days before. So, while Josh was seeing the doctor, Bennett and I surprised Gigi at her school. We got to visit with several of her coworkers, and Bennett was super friendly. He loved walking down those halls, sticking his head in doors and saying "Hehwoah ..... HEH-WOAH!" And then we'd walk on and he'd say "BY." I leave the "e" off, because it's not "bye", it's more like "Bah."

We went back to their house and hung out for a while. Steve got out this little tee and a plastic bat and ball. I really didn't think Bennett was going to be able to do anything with it, but to my surprise, he was quite good at it. He would put that ball up there and hold his little hand there to make sure it wasn't going to fall off. Then he'd hoist that bat up there and knock it off. A couple of times he did that and then kind of ran off. I wish I could say he's so smart that he knew to run the bases, but I think he just got distracted by something and ran towards it.




Later on, we took Pop and Gigi out to dinner at Provino's. Bennett ate almost an entire kid's lasagna. It looked like what an adult portion should be. You know, a meal that you would actually finish in the restaurant instead of taking it home and making 2 more meals off of it. Then he helped Gigi eat her birthday spumoni.



After dinner, we went back to their house and Bennett got to love on his Beau. He loves Beau. When we leave, he says over and over, "By by Beau." "By by Beau." I usually hear it once or twice more on the way home.


This time, however, all I heard on the way home was screaming. It was past his bedtime, and all he wanted was to be in his crib lying down - NOT stuck sitting up in his carseat. He finally fell asleep, but when we hit I-20 it came an absolute downpour. The kind where you're now going 45 miles an hour in a 65 zone because you can't see 10 feet in front of you. Anyway, I think the sound scared him and he screamed the rest of the way home. It was a nightmare. But, we made it, and he went right to sleep as soon as his head hit the bed.

Overall, it was a nice trip and we enjoyed getting to wish Steve and Lynn a Happy Birthday!

No comments: