Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Word Game

My sister-in-law posted this on her blog yesterday and I couldn't wait to copy her. I'm always wanting to post an update about what all Bennett is saying these days, and what a nifty little way to do so!

So, let's see what you think these words/phrases might actually mean, in "Bennett speak."

*okay, after writing these I realized it's going to be impossible. Oh well. If you want to give it a try, please do, but I understand if you're just like, "what the heck could any of that possibly mean?" So really, this is going to wind up being for me, just so I can look back and remember what he was "saying" when he was 2.

Also, the numbers out to the side indicate how many words his one word can mean. So on the bright side, you have choices on some of these. :)

(1) beepa
(1) woa
(1) boo
(3) di-di-dee (short "i" sound)
(2) wo-wo-woah
(1) peese
(1) dah-doo
(2) ninny
(3) noh
(2) eh-doh
(1) bah-bak
(1) hah
(1) jooth
(1) ee-thuck
(1) dah-dah-dah
(1) buh
(1) how

Have fun...

5 comments:

Rachel Rem said...

I'll take a stab at "peese" Is it please?

Lauren said...

Wow, I feel like his are hard! LOL. :)

beepa = pager (ha! I crack myself up)
woa = whoa! (LL says that, I love it)
boo = peekaboo
di-di-dee = library (?)
wo-wo-woah = i love you (?)
peese = please
dah-doo = thank you
ninny = Bennett
noh = snow
eh-doh = here you go/hello/let's GO! :)
bah-bak = blanket maybe? (does he have one?)
hah = hi
jooth = juice (it HAS to be, right?)
ee-thuck = ???
dah-dah-dah = what is that
buh = bye
how = B's version of a stereotypical Native American greeting

Marcie said...

lol, Lauren.

His are VERY hard. He has such a random little language, and I'm not quite sure why. We talk and read to him all the time, and very clearly. I don't get it...

Unknown said...

(1) beepa =
(1) woa = water
(1) boo = book
(3) di-di-dee (short "i" sound)= bye daddy
(2) wo-wo-woah = more water
(1) peese = please
(1) dah-doo = thank you
(2) ninny = Bennett
(3) noh = no
(2) eh-doh = hello
(1) bah-bak = lunchbag ?!?!
(1) hah = HI!
(1) jooth = juice
(1) ee-thuck = he's stuck
(1) dah-dah-dah = bye daddy
(1) buh = bye
(1) how = ow?

Unknown said...

CORRECTION!!

bah-bak = i'll be right back