Woman at Grocery Store: "Oh, look at you!" (admiringly) "How much longer do you have?"
Me: "Til May."
Woman at Grocery Store: "Til MAY?!?!!"
It's a good thing comments like that don't offend me in the slightest.
But yes, I'm pretty big. I don't have my 24 week appointment until next week and I already look like I did when I was 8 months pregnant with Bennett. Go figure.
But the good thing about being so obviously pregnant is that people are so nice to you. I was at Sam's today and a guy that works there came up and unloaded all my things onto the check out belt for me. Another guy met me at the exit and offered to load my car for me.
I remember when we went to Vegas with my family when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant with Bennett. If I walked up to a crowded roulette table, there would almost always be a guy that would give up his chair for me. And if any of them were smoking, they would put their cigarettes out. It just gives you a little hope in humanity, you know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
The exact same thing happened to me when I was pregnant with Addison. A family friend (who we don't see often) saw me and said, "Oh my! How many days do you have left?" My answer: "8 weeks." Thanks. Makes ya feel good, doesn't it?! :)
Post a Comment