Friday, January 8, 2010

A Frustrating Relaxing Bath

I decided to take a relaxing bath yesterday afternoon. It wound up not being quite as relaxing as I would have hoped, but still nice.

I like a hot, HOT bath. I want to have to slowly ease into the water because it's so steamy. That's a big no-no when you're pregnant. So, I had to settle for just warm water. Well, stupid me decided to go ahead and get in the tub as it was filling. This wouldn't be such a big deal if it were a normal tub in a normal house with normal water pressure on a day with normal weather. This is a very old clawfoot tub (that has two separate faucets for hot and cold, both very small in diameter, letting little water pass through at any given time), in a very old house that's hard to heat and whose water pressure is dwindling, on the day of the first snow of the season. I was quite chilly sitting there in that tub waiting for it to fill.

I was mostly mad at myself for wasting that time. I mean, I could have been in the bedroom putting away some clean clothes or cleaning the bathroom while the tub filled. But no, instead I was sitting there freezing my pregnant booty off waiting for that lukewarm water to slightly take the chill off. Ugh. And since it took so dang long for it to fill up (really, those faucets are little), by the time it was full the water was much cooler than when it came out of the faucet.

But it was still relaxing. It felt good to lie there and clear my mind for just a second. It didn't hurt that I got to look out the window and watch the first little flakes start to fall. That made the water seem a little warmer, I guess. Just knowing how cold it was outside.

We got a nice little dusting of snow last night and had a good time playing in it today. I'll post a few pictures soon. Our computer is not wanting to read the memory card today for some reason. When it decides to cooperate, I'll share our snow fun with you.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I love a hot, hot bath too. I want my skin to be pink when I get out and to kind of feel like I'm going to pass out because I'm so hot. Ahhhhh...

Marcie said...

Yeah, and you should feel like you need to shower right after you get out because you're sweating so much. THAT'S a good bath.

I have a date with my bathtub May 13th. Right after I chow down on a Varsity chili dog. Or three.