Don't worry, it's not about food.
(I was told my last post was a little heavy on the food talk. I didn't even realize it until I went back and read it and it totally is! Ha ha! Oh well, I am eating for two.)
This one is about cops. I don't usually use the term 'pigs' when I talk about cops, but this morning it is well deserved.
I had to deliver some food to a neighbor a couple streets over this morning. As I approached the stop sign at the end of our street, I knew I didn't see any cars coming in either direction. As I released the brake and began to make my left turn, something told me to check again. I had all this food in the car that I didn't want messed up and I thought to myself, 'the last thing I need is for some idiot to run that stop sign and hit me.'
Right about then I looked back over my right shoulder and here comes a Douglasville COP flying through the stop sign. If I had already accelerated more than I had, he would have T-boned me. But thankfully, I had a hunch that I needed to double check, so I was able to avoid that situation.
Well, as I would have done to anybody that had run a stop sign, I honked at him. I then pulled on out and made my turn, coming up behind him at the next stop sign. I was hoping to make eye contact with him through his rear view mirror so I could do the whole throw-your-hands-up-in-the-air-as-if-to-say-what-the-*%$#? thing. But I didn't have to, because he didn't waste any time getting out of his car.
He got out and started walking back to my car with this look on his face like he was about to give it to me. But ohhhh, was I ready. I immediately rolled my window down and when he got there I said, "Hi...." rather sarcastically and with raised eyebrows.
I had mixed emotions at this point, because while I knew I had done nothing wrong, I'm the kind of person that would still worry that he was going to give me a ticket for honking at him or something.
So anyway, he had this look on his face like he was all high and mighty and he was about to use his uniform to make somebody feel two inches tall. After I so warmly greeted him, he said, "I was just wondering...." and it sounded like that was to be followed by a "... why the hell you just honked at me."
But he didn't have a chance to get that part out. Because as he was saying it, he looked back over his shoulder at the stop sign (he had just run) and said, ".... oh, ...well, they did just put up a stop sign there..." and kind of nervously tapped his hand where he had it resting on my door. I said, "That stop sign has been there as long as I can remember." But by that point, he was already headed back to his car with his tail tucked between his legs.
Ugh!!!! My blood was boiling! Stupid PIG.
I almost wish he had hit me. How satisfying would it have been for him to have run a stop sign, hit me, and then have to write out his own police report.
I guess I'll just have to settle for knowing that he's going to think about this every time he comes to that stop sign and be embarrassed about it. But that's probably wishful thinking.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


1 comment:
1. You are so much braver than I am! I cower like a 15 y/o when I see a police officer.
2. I just had to laugh, and say "oh gross" when the title was "Pigs" and the first sentence was, "It's not about food."
I really prefer not to even think about where most of my pig-related food comes from! lol.
Post a Comment