Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Card Chaos

I knew I wanted to send out a photo in our Christmas cards this past year. We did it the year before and I was quite happy with the photo:


It was a happy accident, for sure. It was rather difficult to get little man there to sit still and cooperate long enough to get a good shot... hence the upside down approach.

Well, one year later it wasn't much easier. We got together with Greg one evening and tried to get a decent shot. These first few are test shots, obviously, because they are blurry and Josh-less. But I love the way Mr. Man is sitting there on the couch with his legs crossed.


We didn't want to hurt her feelings, but we felt it might be a little weird to include Elizabeth in the family photo...


And we felt that Bennett's face is a whole lot cuter than the bottom of his shoe. So, it wasn't happening that night.


We tried again about a week later and were a little more successful, but not without numerous attempts:


Of course, it wasn't always Bennett's fault:

We even tried some couch silliness:

But finally wound up with a nice shot that we were happy to share with our friends and family this year.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love the one of Josh making a face. (sigh) Always wish we could spend more time with you guys!!