Friday, April 24, 2009

Taking a Breather

I'm supposed to be outside scraping a door right now. You know, scraping all five layers of lead paint off a 100 year old door. Fun. This is number 2 out of about 10. Josh called and had me come in here and check his e-mail for him, and of course I decided to waste a little time/take a break and read some blogs. Well, no one has really updated so I figured I'd go ahead and let you in on a little secret.

WE HAVE RENTERS!

Yes, you heard right! We have a very very nice, young couple meeting me Monday to pay their deposit on the Green House!

Wait - does that mean we actually have to finish it, then?

Just kidding. We are almost there. I can taste it! I know I've been saying that for like 6 months now, but this time I really mean it. Josh's dad came yesterday to work and we spent part of the day installing shelving in the pantry, laundry room and closets. For some reason, I have been so eager to get that shelving up. I bought it all a couple months ago and it's just been sitting in the living room floor patiently waiting to be put up. Every time someone is looking for something to do, I say, "Let's put up the shelving!" Then Josh will shoot me down and say, "No, this has to be done first" or "that has to be done first." Well, the fact that some of it went up yesterday means that "this" and "that" have all been pretty much done! Woo hoo!

No pictures yet. I want it to be a complete work of art when I reveal it to you.

Back to getting paint chips stuck on my lips. Dang chapstick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the renters!! looks like there is good-house-news floating around all day today!