So, we had the first (annual?) Gibson Easter Egg Hunt. It wound up being quite chilly, but that didn't stop the iced coffee punch from stealing the show. That stuff ROCKS! It's like a coffee milkshake, but if you call it "punch" you don't feel quite as bad when you go back to refill your glass ten times. I also made lemonade, and at the last minute we decided to throw on a pot of coffee because that seemed more appropriate with the weather like it was. At least it wasn't raining. We had a total of 11 kids participate, but 5 of those were under 18 months and had no idea what was going on. So, since we hid 200 eggs, the 6 big kids all had like 30 eggs a piece. Score!
The little kids enjoyed pulling all the plastic grass out of their baskets and sitting down to eat the pretzels that come out of that one egg they popped open. Yes, pretzels. I decided not to fill all the eggs with a bunch of junk. I did put jelly beans in most of them, but the others had pretzels, fruit snacks or stickers in them. I did happen to overhear one of the bigger kids telling their dad, "I don't want stickers." Ha! Oh well. Maybe I'll get more creative next year if I do it again.
Elizabeth's big sister, Malia showing off her booty. Ahem, her eggs. Dirty minds.
Mr. B holding an egg while picking berries off a nandina. Yeah - real interested in the Easter egg hunt.
Bennett's cousin, Mac and some of the neighborhood kids checking out their goodies.
All that (not) running around and (not) hunting Easter eggs tired the little ones out!
We really had a good time. It was nice to visit with family and neighbors, and I loved having all the little ones together at the same time. Bennett and his three little cousins are all about 3 months apart. There was lots off waddling, toddling, squeaking and shrieking going on. Chaos, but good chaos.
So after a long day, Bennett had to get to bed so the Easter bunny could come visit! I was stupidly excited about this. I have been so looking forward to all the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy stuff. I had this Easter basket put together like this two weeks ago. I couldn't wait. But then I had to take it all apart yesterday before the egg hunt so Bennett would have something to put his eggs in. I hadn't thought about that. Oh well. It didn't take long to put it back together.
It's been hard to keep from reading Bennett the new books I put in his basket. The ones he has in his room, we have been through over, and over, and over. He and I both are ready for some new ones! But I held off. Couldn't ruin the surprise!
Mmm... animal crackers. I think in this picture he's trying to do the "cheese" face and chew at the same time. Hence the squinty eyes.
On a side note, I have known for a while now that he needs some bigger onesies. This picture makes me see just how badly he needs them. Sorry, bud. We'll go tomorrow.
While I didn't want to fill his basket with candy and things that he really didn't need, I had to get him a chocolate bunny. If I let him eat cake on his birthday (which he didn't really), then I had to let him nibble on a chocolate bunny's ears. And feet. And nose. And belly.


2 comments:
MMMmmmmm!
I may be a little biased, but he is about the cutest thing I have ever seen. I have got to get by there and visit. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever!
Post a Comment