Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

Off to work I go!

Josh's dad is coming into town today, and we are going to work at "la casa verde." We're at a point now that I am excited to go up there, rather than dreading it. I don't know if it's because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, or if it's just that there are finally lots of things that I am actually able to do without a man's help.

I met with our renters yesterday and collected the security deposit. It's exciting, but it's not 100% relieving. We put a clause in the lease that if for some reason their house doesn't close on June 5th, we'll refund their deposit and terminate the lease with no penalty. I kind of thought that a percentage should have been held back, since we're now holding the property for them and aren't taking any other inquiries on it. Josh didn't want to do that, so we didn't. Let's hope everything works out and we don't have to worry about it!

A quick, unrelated note: I'm sitting here at the bar using Josh's work laptop. I could hear Bennett in one of the front rooms, just playing by himself. After a little while I decided I should walk in there and make sure he wasn't into something he shouldn't be. He was standing on the couch in the parlor, looking out the front window. I almost got him down so that he wouldn't fall, but I decided to leave him. I left the room and came back to the computer. I heard him begin to whine and whimper a little bit, surely because he was wanting off the couch. I stayed here. After just a couple minutes I heard little footsteps, and there he appeared in the doorway to the kitchen with a huge smile on his face. I took that smile to mean that he was super proud of himself for getting off the couch by himself, but I'm sure it just meant that he was happy to see me and Stewie sitting in here. I was proud, even if he wasn't.

Another little note: We have sprouts in the garden! It's so exciting to see that stuff grow! As of yesterday, we have about 9 squash plants, 7 zucchini, 1 okra, and numerous broccoli and cauliflower sprouts. I haven't yet seen any carrots, tomatoes or onions. Let's hope they're just a little slower. And the rest of that okra better come on, too. Patience, patience. Josh's dad is bringing me some herbs today; I'm so excited! They have a good friend that grows tons of herbs and is generous enough to split and share her wealth. There are some I'll still have to go get, because they're annuals.

Anyway, I need to go dry my hair (ugh - have I ever mentioned how much I hate fixing my hair?) and finish this cup of coffee before Steve gets here.

1 comment:

dinisha said...

Congrats on la casa verde! I am jealous of your garden. I had BIG plans to plant a garden this year. I even have some yummy compost and some seedlings... but I don't think I have time. Do you want to come do the work for me?