I remember my nephew, MacKeane's first lemon experience. Well, I say it was his first - it was the first time I had seen him with one, at least. We were on vacation two summers ago and Lauren or Matthew gave him one at the Blue Parrot (the restaurant where we were eating). It was quite hysterical. Lynn got lots of great pictures of it. Sour face after sour face; it was so funny.
Bennett did not give quite as good a show. We went with Mama and Daddy to eat at a new little cafe in town this morning, and I decided it was time to introduce the lemon. He held it and played with it forever. He would tease us by putting it close to his mouth and then taking it away like, "Just kidding!" He did that several times. I thought the only entertainment we were going to get was when he put his fingers in his mouth once he was finished playing. Well, he did finally put it in his mouth. He gave us a few pretty funny sour faces, but then realized he really liked the lemon and stuffed the whole thing in his mouth. I quickly retrieved it to keep him from choking himself.
Anyway, here are the few pictures I was able to get. Maybe we'll try it again another day... especially since he seems to enjoy it!



*Correct me if I'm wrong, Lauren, but didn't Mac really like them, too?*


1 comment:
Actually, he still loves them. Any time we're at a restaurant he asks me if he can have the lemon off my glass. And he still makes a super-puckered sour funny face every single time. :o)
Post a Comment