Per my cousin, Heather's, request, here is the latest in the potty training saga.
Well, last time I wrote I mentioned that he had been holding in his poop for several days and I finally put a pull-up on him and told him it was okay to poop in his pull-up. And he did. Well, I think that kind of confused him, because that next day I went to pick him up at school and found out he had pooped in his pants and made a huge mess of himself.
And later that night, at home, he was wearing a pull up and came up to me and said, "Mama, it's okay to poop in my pull up." I felt his bottom and of course, he had pooped in his pull up. So we had a little conversation about how it would be much better to poop in the potty.
Anyway, this past week at school he didn't have an accident, but he also didn't use the potty there at all. I tried a couple times to get him to go at school with me, but he wouldn't. But as soon as we got home each day, that's the first place he went. But he still wouldn't poop in the potty at home. He kept holding it.
Mama and Daddy kept him Thursday night because he didn't have school on Friday and I had a cake to make (not to mention I had a bit of an emotional breakdown on Thursday, but we don't need to go into details about that one). Daddy was determined to have him poop in the potty. I called them at one point on Friday just to check on things, and Daddy was in the bathroom with Bennett. He said, "Have you ever tried giving him a book to read?" I said, "No, but that's a really good idea." Daddy said, "Yeah, we're just camped out in the bathroom." About 10 minutes later, Daddy called me back and it was Bennett on the phone - "MAMA! I POOPED IN THE POTTY! IT WAS A BIG ONE!"
And he pooped in their potty two more times that day. I guess he had quite a reserve in there that he needed to get rid of.
He's done very well at home, and he even pooped in the potty at his cousin Davis' house today. So maybe that's a good sign for being able to go at school now. We'll see how it goes next week.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment