Greg and Cici used the tickets this year and took Malia and Elizabeth. From what I hear, they had a great time. When you go on Coke night, they always give you a few "bounce back" tickets with which you can return on one of the last few Sundays that they're open and get in free again. Greg and Cici were going to give us two of those tickets and keep two for themselves and we were all going to go again, with the kids.
Then the great 500 year flood hit Georgia and under water Six Flags went.

That was last Sunday, the 20th. I thought our chances were shot, since the last Sunday we could go was the 27th.To my surprise, they reopened the park yesterday. I was hesitant about even going, because I thought it might be unsafe, even though they had inspectors giving the okay on the rides.
Greg and Cici wound up not going, but the three of us went anyway. Josh didn't care too much about going and almost bailed on me, but I talked him into it. It was FREE! It's 1o minutes from our house? Why not go??? It's just like going to the park except it's a much cooler park with lots of fun stuff to do and see. FOR FREE. Well, we did wind up having to pay $10 to park, but I can't complain about that.
As we approached Six Flags from the parking lot, Bennett discovered the Georgia Cyclone. As the coaster went by above us, he let out this scream/laugh/wail/moan thing, and at first I thought he was scared. It turns out he thought it was extremely amusing and funny.
This video does not at all capture what I wish it had, but it'll have to do.
We went to the kiddie park first to see what Bennett might be able to ride. He's not even 2 yet, so there's not a whole lot for him there. As Josh put it today, "They're not going to fill the place with rides for people that get in for free." Touche.
We rode this little truck ride that I think he was just a little bored with.
So, on to Monster Mansion (formerly known as Monster Plantation). I was a tad nervous about this one, because I thought it might scare him. Those things in there scared me when I was like 13!
He did really well in the scary part too. He still just said "Hi" to all the red eyed, hissing monsters.
What got him was when we were exiting, no not the big huge scary mouth we were passing under, but the freakin' unecessary, out of nowhere fog horn they blew right in our ears that made me jump 2 feet! He jumped, got that sad, scared look on his face and put his head in Josh's lap. Then I looked back down and his mouth was open, but there wasn't any sound yet. But it came. It was just a little delayed.
I mean really? You weren't satisfied that a 2 year old could go through that place unaffected, so you try to bust their tiny little eardrums? Ugh.
Moving on, to the Hanson Cars. This was fun, but hardly worth the wait for it.
Moving on, to the Hanson Cars. This was fun, but hardly worth the wait for it.
Then up the hill to the carousel. He was too young to get on a horse, but he enjoyed watching them from the carriage.
And then a train ride around the park.
He wouldn't wave at people as we passed, which is the whole idea when you ride the train, but as soon as we'd stop at the station, he'd start waving at no one. Just waving his arm, saying, "Hi!" "Hi!" and no one was in sight. Go figure.
Snack time on the train.
And then time for a cool misting.


One last ride, the Log Jamboree. Bennett wasn't actually supposed to ride this one, but the guy let him go "this one time." He loved going through all the canals of water, and the two drops didn't seem to bother him. The last one (the big one) gave him a tiny scare, but it didn't last long. He said, "Ah wah" when we were done, which meant "Again." We didn't go again, though, because it was time to go.
So cute. It was so much fun. I get such a kick out of seeing his reaction to new things. I can't wait to go again, although he won't get in free next time; it'll cost us like $30.
Guess we'll just have to wait for Coke night or the bounce back tickets!


3 comments:
I bet you didn't hot rod the Hanson cars did you? He would have enjoyed it then. That blog made me want to go and ride the train.
Since I don't know how to 'hot rod' a Hanson car, the answer is no, we did not.
The train was fun. This trip was definitely unlike any other trip to Six Flags I've had. All about the sightseeing and low impact entertainment.
If you lift up the hood and step on and off the gas you can see the throttle move. Just pull it the rest of the way back when you have it floored and it will go like twice as fast and it's loud as hell! It's great. People that you pass who are walking by look up like, "what the..." and then start laughing.
Post a Comment