Sittin' here on a rainy day wondering what I'm going to write about. It seems like everyone has been slacking lately. Is everybody in the same writing rut that I am? There's plenty to write about (even more than you know), but I just haven't been able to find the energy to put it into words.
To start, Josh and I had a wonderful 5 year anniversary on the 4th of this month, celebrating at the Sweetwater Brewery and then to Maggiano's for a mouth watering meal. Oh, man, was it good.
My family used to go there every Christmas; it was our little tradition. Well the last couple of years have been kind of hectic, so we've skipped the annual Maggiano's outing. While Josh and I were standing in the lobby waiting on our table that night, he said to me, "What does it smell like in here to you?" I said, "Parmesan cheese." He said, "Yeah, but what else?" I said, "Um... maybe garlic and more parmesan cheese." He said, "You know what I think it smells like?" I said, "What?" He said, "Christmas." Aww... He was right. So we decided that we have to do our Maggiano's Christmas meal this year. Although I don't guess it's really up to us, since it has always been Mama's treat. We told her how we felt and I think she's more than up for it.
So that was our anniversary. Then there was the first Georgia football game the following weekend. We went over to a friend's house and watched it with them and several other people. Not such an impressive show. Oh well, better luck with the Gamecocks.
And better luck we had. What a great game. Josh and I were supposed to go to that game. First home game in Athens. And it was a night game. I always loved night games. There's just something about being able to hang out in Athens all day on that beautiful campus and then enter the stadium with 85,000 other people and watch it get dark. The lights come on, the roar of those 85,000 people cheering for their team... oh what a feeling.
Well the morning of the game, one of Jeff's to-be tenants called me and wanted out of the lease because the house needed a little more work than he was willing to overlook. I was all stressed out and needed to handle the situation. I could have handled what needed to be handled right then and there, gone to the game, then addressed the other issues the next day, but I couldn't even think about anything else. I don't think I would have been able to enjoy myself for worrying about what needed to be done back home.
Josh and I were having trouble getting pumped about the game anyway, for some reason. I don't know if we're just getting older (I know, I know - we are far from 'old'), or if we're just turning into homebodies, or what, but we just kind of didn't want to make that long drive and be there all day and then be so late getting back home. And for some reason, I was feeling anxious about leaving Bennett. I don't know why! I just didn't want to leave him. I got the same feeling that I get sometimes leaving for a trip without Josh or my family or something. I just get almost panicked and start thinking, 'I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this! Get me out of here, I want to go home!' It was that same feeling. Don't ask me what it was all about. I just get weird sometimes.
So we called Josh's parents and told them that we were going to pass. Heartbreaking! I sat on the couch next to Josh while he called them, stabbing an imaginary dagger into my chest. I felt awful backing out on them. And awful that we were passing up the opportunity to go to Athens and see our beloved Bulldogs play! So of course as soon as he got off the phone I said, "What are we doing? What are we thinking?"
But they were able to find someone to go with them, and we were able to go up to Jeff's rental property and work on the issues it had. Jeff was actually in town from Florida, so he was there with me, Josh, Mama and Daddy. We all got together and actually had a really good time working and visiting with each other. I took Bennett over to Greg and Cici's that afternoon (they were going to keep him while we went to the game) so that we could get a little work done. He walked in that house and was greeted by sweet little Elizabeth, offering him a sippy cup, a toy, whatever she could find to offer. She seemed excited to have a guest in her house, and Bennett was excited to be there. He just took off and didn't look back at me.
I'm taking a long time to get to it, but my next point was going to be that I've been busy with Jeff's rental properties. I've pretty much taken over the duty of property manager for him, and it just so happens that he has two vacancies, for which two people had paid deposits/signed leases, and now two people are backing out (I haven't officially heard the news from the other one, but I seriously suspect it). UGH! Not going to get into all those details, but talk about stressful.
So that's what's been going on. Oh, and I'm keeping one of my best girlfriends from college's twin babies two days a week so that she can go back to work part time. They are adorable and I'm happy for the opportunity to bring in a little extra money - and see my girlfriend more often!
So happy to have recently heard about a few pregnancies of friends and family members, and hopeful to hear about more soon! Love all of you and hope everyone is well and happy! :)
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment