Bennett is really starting to turn into a little boy. He's starting to create silly little games for us to play. Josh recorded this last night. Bennett always gives himself the hiccups when he laughs really hard.
It's just interesting to witness your child go from an uncontrolled, instinctual laugh to choosing to laugh in response to something.
I'm also loving his increased "vocabulary." It's still primarily sounds, but I can definitely tell the difference in the things he "says." Like, yesterday he walked into the living room and made a series of sounds that I knew meant "Sesame Street." It wasn't on; he wanted to watch it. While we were playing that little game last night, every time the roll would fall on the ground, he would look at me and mumble something that was supposed to mean, "Where did it go?" It's the inflection most of the time that allows me to understand him. I just love it all.
Here is a recent photo of bathtime. I mentioned a while back that he hates bathtime. Not since the lake. He is now a big fan of the water, and he'll lie down in it like this every time. The water is already drained here, but he does it when the tub is full too.
One other thing that I want to mention - yesterday morning we were upstairs. He was playing, and I was on the computer (applying for jobs - anyone know of any good openings?). Well, he had gotten a winter hat of his and was lying in the floor with it, saying "Nah, nah." (Night, night.) He does this often, and it was only 10:30am, which was a little early for his nap. So I just continued what I was doing. After a little while of not hearing anything from him, I turned around to find him still in the floor. I said, "Bennett, are you ready to go night night?" He got up, walked across the hall to his room, and started trying to climb into his crib saying, 'nah, nah.'" So I picked him up and put him in his crib and closed the door. Not a peep. No book read, nothing. He was ready, he told me, and that was that. Wow. Lucky me, huh?
He starts Montessori School August 7th, which is -oh my gosh- next Friday! Maybe he won't throw empty toilet paper rolls at the other kids...


No comments:
Post a Comment