Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean

Okay, don't get mad at me for what I'm about to do. It's one thing to take time to post about a train derailment before I post about Bennett's birthday and Christmas, but this?

I don't know what it is lately, but I just have this burst of energy and good mood.... ness. There are a lot of reasons that I could be in a really bad mood - and trust me, I have had plenty of moments - but these last couple of days have been really good. I have just wanted to call up everybody I know and tell them how much I love them.

This morning I have been happily ironing Josh's shirts and folding his socks. I have picked up several of his t-shirts (that he puts on after his shower in the morning and then takes off downstairs and leaves lying around everywhere - something I despise and have asked repeatedly that he not do) and smile while folding them and taking them back upstairs.

I even passed up lunch at Monterrey's with my mom and brother to keep whistling while I work.

But the thing that made me decide to take a break from my domestic duties was when I went outside to clean the outdoor dryer vent.

Does anyone else love that smell as much as I do? Oh my gosh. I'm guessing that plenty of you do, otherwise they wouldn't have "fresh linen" scented everything.

You know how some people use air fresheners to make their house smell good if company is coming over? You know what I do? I start a load of laundry and try to time it so that it will be in the dryer when our company comes walking up the back steps.

I really do that.

So if you ever come to our house and you can smell the fresh linen scent of our clean clothes in the dryer.... it's all for you. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I LOVE that smell! I love walking outside and smelling that smell. I don't generally buy anything clean linen scented stuff, but there's something about being outside and smelling that smell. So...I want to come visit you! haha