That is our life these days! Good news is followed by bad news, then more good news, only to be followed by more bad news.
Thankfully, the latest news was good news.
So Josh lost his job and our tenants moved out, leaving us with zero income. I couldn't believe it when, not two days after our tenants were completely moved out, we showed the house and had ourselves a new tenant! We set up an appointment for today at noon to accept her deposit check and sign the lease. I just couldn't believe that something was actually going to be so simple; something was going to just work out for us, for once. Turns out it was too good to be true.
I saw that I had a missed call and a voicemail from her yesterday. When I saw her number I knew it wasn't good. I listened to the message and it was her saying that she wasn't going to be able to rent the house after all. She was renting a room from a good friend who had become dependent on her rent and was devastated to hear that she was moving out. She just couldn't do it to her.
That seriously ruined my mood yesterday. I was devastated. I knew we'd find someone else, but it was just the fact that I had been so positive about something actually working in our favor and then to find out that, nope, not so fast. Ugh! Can't we catch a break?
Well, maybe we can.
My phone rang just a little while ago and it was her. This time I had a good feeling about seeing that number. She said she finally stood up to her friend and decided to do what was in her best interest and asked if the house was still available. I told her it was, and we're supposed to meet her up the street in just a little while.
I don't have a check in my hand yet, so anything could happen still, but it's looking good.
Whew! One hurdle out of the way.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment