I know you are all anxiously awaiting the big long post with all of our vacation pictures. What? You didn't even know we went on vacation? Well, I guess NOW you can start anxiously awaiting that big long post. The computer is just not my hang out these days. I feel guilty every time I sit down here because there is so much other stuff that needs to get done.
But real quick, I wanted to share this.
Bennett is talking more and more. He's got his own little language that mostly only I understand. I have to say, it's kind of fun being the translator. I like it when he lets out this big long sentence of what seems to be nonsense and everyone looks at me for clarification. And I can almost always give it. Sometimes he stumps me too, though.
Anyway, he's into saying things are "right there" or "over there" or "down there," etc. Except it sounds like "right duh" and "over duh" and "down duh."
I was at Mama and Daddy's house the other day and Mama said, "Marcie, watch this." She asked Bennett where his toy truck was and he pointed and said, "Right duh." She said, "Right duh?" He said, "No, right duh." She said, "Right duh?" He said, "No, right duh!" She said, "Right there?" He said, "Mm hmm."
So funny. I've enjoyed that game ever since then. Although he's starting to catch on and he'll tell me, "Mama, don't way (say) right duh."
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


1 comment:
haha-I know exactly what you're talking about because I do the same thing with my 5 year olds. I can understand them and usually have to translate for others. We had a kid in our class last year who had a HUGE speech impediment, it was almost like knowing another language. And we could do the same thing to them-say something the way they say it and then they look at us like, "What are you talking about??"
Post a Comment