Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Picture is Worth 1000 Words

I have been so slack lately with these blog posts, and the ones I have managed to get up in the last couple of months have been very picture deprived. So, here is a big, long update in picture form. Enjoy!

Enjoying a cup of water with his bear friend.


This is the crew. Greg and Cici recently moved in next door to us, so Bennett gets to spend lots of time with Malia and Elizabeth. And of course, Stewie is always nearby.


Bennett with Pop and Gigi back in March.


They snapped a nice shot of the three of us. Might be one the last of these!


I was out of town for a few days at the end of March/beginning of April, so Pop and Gigi came to help out with Bennett. They were able to attend the Mexican Fiesta at Montessori.


Ms. Lupe (Pee-pay, according to Bennett) helping Bennett with his turn at the pinata.

After the pinata, they came inside to chow down on homemade Mexican cuisine.

The same week, they had an Easter egg hunt that I had to miss. Josh was able to go, but unfortunately got there right as they had finished the hunt. He did hang out a little while and got some pictures of Bennett on the playground.

Apparently he wanted to join another class's Eater egg hunt.

And was ready for his nap?

The other night we had an impromptu dance party in our driveway. Well, not exactly a dance party, but we had a good time. Josh and Greg had been brewing that day, and Greg had set up his sound system so they could enjoy some tunes while they brewed. Me and Cici and the kids went to eat pizza and when we got back, we all hung out in the driveway and enjoyed the music and each other's company.

I like this picture of Bennett's first cousin, Elizabeth. Isn't she pretty? She has some injuries too - I heard she tried to do a somersault down (or was it up?) some brick steps earlier that day. She and Bennett stay scratched up.

And of course, Big Mama.

Check out that belly! Only 4 more weeks!

The Easter Bunny was a little late this year. He got there Easter Sunday morning, but he did not make it to Bennett's room before he woke up. So the coffee table had to do this year. No biggie.

He brought Bennett a "Too Tall" chocolate bunny. It was a basketball bunny, and Bennett wasted no time eating the basketball right off the front of him. Then the rest of the morning we got to hear, "Ha bee-bee ball?" (Where's the basketball?)

We headed to McDonough for lunch with Josh's family. Lynn hid some eggs for Bennett to hunt. Bennett found this egg on the bench, but on the other end of the bench he found the best egg ever.

A football! Of course it had to go in his basket.

Then he and Gigi went through the eggs and got all the goodies out.

That evening, we returned home and hosted Easter dinner with my family. My cousin Sandi and her family came over and we really enjoyed visiting with them.

Once all the festivities were over, Bennett and I relaxed on the couch and watched the video I took of him hunting Easter eggs earlier in the day.

The next morning I woke up with a nasty bug that landed me in the hospital. Every ounce of fluid that was in my body was out by lunch time. I continued to drink water because I was so thirsty, but I couldn't keep it down.

Mama came over to watch Bennett for us while we were at the hospital. She asked how I was and said, "You could be in early labor." I said, "No, I'm not having contractions; it's nothing like that." She said, "I didn't think I was either when I had you. I didn't know what was wrong with me; but I was in labor."

Turns out, I was so dehydrated that I was having contractions. The nurse said, "Your uterus is very irritable. See those spikes on that screen? Those are contractions."

So they hooked me up to an IV and pumped me full of fluids to hopefully stop the contractions. I responded well to the fluids, so they sent me home after a few hours.

I have felt a little tired and puny today, and my stomach still seems a bit irritable, but I have kept everything down, so I think we're good.

This morning I wanted to take Bennett to the park to feed the ducks. We didn't do that because the park is apparently undergoing some major renovations. The lake is almost completely drained, and they had the playground blocked off. So, we turned around and just went up to the plaza at the end of our street.

Bennett got to watch the train go by, which is just as good to him as feeding the ducks (if not better).

And he enjoyed talking to this city worker. He's very interested in what everyone is doing, and he is not at all shy. Anyone that walks by, he greets. Over and over and over.


So that's kind of what's been going on around here. Hope all of you are happy and well!

No comments: