She sent me this picture and said, "Am I crazy? Can this be made into a cake?"

My first thought was, 'You might be a little bit crazy, but I'm up for it.' I like craziness - when it comes to cakes. Not when it comes to people. I'm a little tired of inconsiderate, crazy people. But that's a different post.
So after a little time in front of the computer staring at this picture, I decided gumpaste was the best way to go. I got to work making 'sheets of paper' and the desk calendar.
I soon realized that there was no way I could make that much 'paper,' because it would have been way too heavy and impossible to transport. So I had to settle for a much shorter stack.
I regret not making the top of the cake a tan color, like the top of a desk. Maybe if I weren't pregnant, that thought would have come to me before putting all the gumpaste in place. Oh well.
Camille came and picked the cake up yesterday and brought me a 'thank you' gift. Totally, totally unexpected and completely unnecessary of her, but very much appreciated. It was a baby gift for the new little one - some very cute onesies, jumpers and pants. Thanks again, Camille, and it was so nice to meet you!


1 comment:
Thanks again Marcie! The cake was perfect and everyone loved it!
Post a Comment