We had a little get-together last night for Josh's birthday. His birthday is actually today, but we had some friends over last night to celebrate it. Nothing big; just a few friends, some store bought appetizers (so unlike me, but hey- I'm pregnant and I had coupons), and of course, beer.
Anyway, I knew that mopping the floor would be a priority today. I didn't want to do it before the party, since you can count on a drink being spilled when you have folks drinking beer together for a long period of time.
So when Bennett went down for his nap this afternoon, I got right to it. I swept it well, mopped it, and then went over it again to rinse it. A friend of ours came over right as it had dried and he, unknowingly, tracked a couple of (wet) red berries in on his shoes. When he left I got a wet cloth and cleaned the spots the berries made on the floor and then swept the back steps to avoid any more being carried in on our shoes. Then I moved the rug, Bennett's table and chairs, and our barstools back into the kitchen. Ah... I love a clean floor.
I sat down to eat an orange (or three) and before I could even cut it open, Josh called and asked me to look in the freezer for something. As I opened the freezer door, it happened; all in slow motion. The large glass jar of cheerios that we keep on top of the refrigerator had been gradually scooting to the front of the fridge and was apparently resting on part of the freezer door when I opened it.
It came crashing down and before I even knew what was happening, glass and cheerios were EXPLODING onto my freshly cleaned floor.
It. Went. EVERYWHERE.
Do you ever have something happen to you and it just instantaneously makes you want to cry? Your chest might even heave a couple of times before you regain control of yourself and realize it's not something worth crying over? Yeah. That.
But, without tears, I got down on my hands and knees (well, as much as I could - there were tiny shards everywhere) and picked up the large pieces of glass and then got that broom back out and started again. And after a good 15 minutes, the floor was almost as clean as it was before.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


1 comment:
Ungggg, this post made me seriously feel nauseated. :( I had that happen with some of Josh's homebrew one time. Right before church. I cleaned up as quickly as I could and we went on. We were halfway through the corporate confession before I realized that I smelled like a brewery - ha!
So sorry about the cheerio mishap, but I'm impressed that you were able to stop yourself before full-on freak out. You're handling your hormones better than I am! ;)
Post a Comment