Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family Dinner

So today we drove down to McDonough to have lunch with Josh's extended family on his Mom's side. They have this "Family Dinner" every year, and it has been a few years since Josh and I have made it, so we definitely wanted to make it today. We were actually quite late, because Bennett was still taking his nap at 12:15 (lunch was served at 12:00, and we were an hour away). I had to wake him up from it, which I hate to do, but we really needed to go. I had eveything prepared to make a broccoli casserole to take, but once I realized we weren't going to make until after lunch, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. I had some frozen (homemade) dough in the freezer, so all I had to do was cut them up and bake them. I didn't want to go empty handed, and I figured people would at least still be eating dessert once we got there. I was right. And, Josh's mom made a broccoli casserole, so I'm glad I didn't take one.


Anyway, I wanted to post a few pictures, because I felt like Bennett's hair looked pretty normal and good today, for the first time since the big cut. GiGi (Josh's mom - stands for Grandmother Gibson) almost cried when she first saw him (this was their first time seeing him since we chopped the locks), but it grew on her pretty quickly. She said she thought he looked like Hugh Grant. I told Bennett that to that, you say, "Thank you."







This is Bennett with his great grandmother, Nana (Josh's mom's mom).

We had a good day. We actually wound up hanging out back at Nana's house for a while with Josh's parents and his sister, Lauren and her family. I love for Bennett to get to see his cousins, Mac and Rachael. It was fun to watch them all play together. We went to dinner at Cracker Barrel before heading home. It was mighty tasty, and all the children were great. I wish everyone lived closer so that we could have more days like today. Oh well; 'tis life.

1 comment:

dinisha said...

Bennett & Marcie's hair are both cute. Josh is still hairy, just more on the face now ;)