Saturday, October 25, 2008

Girls' Night Out

A much needed girls' night out, I might add.


I went out Thursday night with my good girlfriends from college, Miranda, Kiesha, and Annie. Annie's birthday was Friday, so we celebrated by treating her to dinner and drinks at Eclipse Di Luna and then to see Wicked at the Fox.



We ran late getting to the theater, so Miranda and I let Kiesha and Annie out on Peachtree and went and parked the car. We didn't want Annie to miss any of the show, it being her birthday treat. If you get there after the show starts, they make you wait ten minutes before you can enter. So, we parked the car, oh, about 5 blocks away. Not too bad.



Unless you had just worked out the day before for the first time in about 2 years and were incredibly, incredibly sore and you had to run - literally run the 5 blocks to the Fox in high heels. And then once you finally make it to the Fox and go in you realize that you are sitting in the very last row. THE VERY LAST ROW. You wouldn't mind that you were in the very last row, unless it meant that you had to climb, say, about 6 flights of stairs and then once actually entering the theater climb a couple more unusually steep and shallow flights of stairs before arriving at your seat.



Yeah, that would have made it bad.



Needless to say, I was worthless all day yesterday. I felt like an 80 year old woman. I hobbled everywhere I went. Every time I sat down I had to bend at the knees and slowly lower myself before falling to the seat. It's not all from the exercise soreness, though. My knees are pretty much shot. Someone said that breastfeeding does that to you - makes you ache all over. Which I do, but my knees are by far the worst. Sitting in that tight space at the Fox that night, not being able to straighten my legs for 2 hours (I was able to get up and hobble around at intermission), did not help their condition in the slightest.



So, I guess the point is, I got to go out and have a nice, enjoyable evening with my girlfriends, but I couldn't escape the fact that I am now a mom and a woman pushing 30 who needs to exercise more.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

that's hilarious because my friends summer, stephanie and I went to see Wicked Saturday night and totally sat in the very last row. We were like, uh..I didn't realize I was going to have to climb everest when I came to the show! Unfortunately, I didn't wear my hiking shoes...but it was totally worth it!