Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Premature Organization

I have a problem.

I have spent a good hour yesterday and today making a list of people that Josh and I will send Christmas cards to this year. I have a list of 60 names right now that will get a card. I had 64 but decided to cut it back to 60 since the cards I bought (yes, already – hey, they had them on display at Sam’s – they got me) come in packs of 15 and I don’t want to have to buy a 5th pack. I have actually only bought 3, so I already need to go get one more to make 60 instead of 45. Should I just cut it down to 45 and not have to spend that extra money on more cards and stamps? No, I can’t do that because who in the world would I cut? It’s kind of like making a list of people that will be invited to your wedding. If you invite so-and-so, then you have to invite so-and-so. And then if you invite so-and-so, you can’t not invite so-and-so. It’s a complicated situation.

Anyway, I have typed up all the addresses in Word and have been changing the font, trying to decide if I will print them, trace them, or just write them myself. But if I do print them or trace them, which font is most appropriate for Christmas and what will be easy to trace and should I do it in black or red?

My whole point is… this is what I’ve been doing today. September 23rd. Christmas is 3 months away. It’s Sam’s fault. They put those cards out on display right there in the middle of the aisle where you can’t miss them. Those little tricks don’t usually get me, but they got me this time. These were such cute cards! I couldn’t not get them. I get excited about these types of things. I love sending invitations or cards or thank you notes or anything along those lines. I love making lists, I love planning parties, I just love all that stuff. Which is probably the reason that I planned our entire wedding, worked as an event coordinator for 2 years, organized my ten year high school reunion and have hosted 3 weddings (besides our own) and 4 large parties at our house.

I’m also beginning to think about what I want to do for Bennett’s first birthday. I’m trying to keep those thoughts in the back of my mind, but they keep creeping up to the front and I can’t help but think – do I have a big party and invite lots of people, or do I just have the grandparents over to watch him stick his face in a cake? Do I do it on his actual birthday, or do I plan it for the weekend before or after? Do I send out paper invitations or just send an evite? What will the theme be? What kind of cake will we make him? Are we going to cut his hair as part of the festivities? Are we going to cut his hair at all???

Yeah, it’s all a little premature. This is how my mind works, though. Give me any other task and I’ll take forever completing it. But if you ever need a party planned, invitations or cards bought (or made), addressed and sent, I’m your girl.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Where do I sign up? I've got baby announcements to make and send out soon, and then you can tackle MY Christmas cards as well. :) You are too funny.

Thanks for your well-wishes. We are so excited. 4 1/2 more weeks, but I just don't feel like I'll ever be completely ready for her!! Hope you guys are doing well.