Josh and I took Bennett to the movie theater for the first time last night. We saw Cars 2 in 3D.
Of course, he had to wear his "Woody boots" so he would be a real person. (That's his new thing. He's not a real person unless he's wearing his Woody boots. Which is going to be a problem soon, since they're almost too small for him... I'm not sure where the "real person" thing came from; I was trying to figure out if he had seen anything Pinocchio-related or something. Beats me.)
I didn't know it until we got there, but it was in 3D, so we all got some really awesome glasses to wear.
And there's no way in this world we could have gone without the popcorn. This little boys loves popcorn. We hadn't even walked into the lobby yet when Bennett said, "What's that good smell to me? It smells like popcorn!"
He enjoyed the movie for the most part, but we were a little disappointed by the amount of "violence" in it. I put that in quotation marks, because to me and you it probably wouldn't really be considered violence, but to a 3 1/2 year old, it was pretty mean. It was basically the Cars version of a James Bond movie. About 1/3 of the way through it (if that), Bennett asked if we could go home. We assured him that it would be okay, and we took turns letting him sit in our laps.
It was a fun experience overall. It was nice to be able to spend some one-on-one (or I guess two-on-one) time with our eldest boy. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment