Thursday, May 5, 2011

Montessori Spring Fling 2011

Saturday was the Spring Fling at Montessori. We weren't able to go last year for some reason, so I really wanted Bennett to be able to go this year. Plus, he's old enough to really be able to enjoy it. But it turned out that it was the same weekend as the tour of homes we were on. There's now way I could have done both. Thank goodness for grandparents! Lynn and Steve came and got the boys on Thursday and took them back to their house so we would have Thursday evening and all day Friday to finish getting ready for the tour, and then brought them back to Douglasville to go to the Spring Fling while the tour was going on Saturday.

Well, there's no way I couldn't at least go see Bennett's class performance. He's been practicing this song at home for the past few weeks, and I really wanted to see him sing it with his class. So I broke away from the tour for a little bit and went up there.  They had just finished up lunch when I got there.


It was a really hot day, so it apparently took him a while to really get comfortable and have fun. He wanted to play in the bouncy house, but the sun was shining right on it and making the vinyl really hot on your feet. Steve went to the car and got him a pair of socks so it wouldn't be so bad.


Then, to Bennett's surprise, Poppa showed up.  Daddy called me and asked me how it was going, assuming I was at the house for the tour, but I told him I took a break to come over to Montessori for the Spring Fling.  He said, "Well maybe I'll just come up there.  Do they have food?"  We are just alike - always thinking about food.

Bennett played a few games while Cannon enjoyed the ride.

Then it was time for Bennett to line up with his class for their performance.  I don't know why I love this picture so much, but I do.  I guess just seeing my little boy in a crowd of other little boys and girls.


Anyway, here's their song(s).  Don't ask me what they're saying, because I have no clue. Some of it is obviously in different languages, but I can't even understand some of the English words. :)

(Bennett is next to the little girl in pink.)

No comments: