It's okay, though, because I've said for a long time that 33 is going to be my year. I love that number (a lot) and I just know that my 33rd year is going to be just fantastic. You just wait.
Anyway, on to what this post is really about. Cici loves anything and everything ZOMBIE. I don't quite get the attraction, but it's not for me to get. She loves it.
I knew a long time ago that I wanted to make a cake for her birthday. I had already started looking at pictures of zombies and brainstorming when Greg called and asked me to make a cake for her and that it should be zombie-themed. I told him I had been looking already, but that my research hadn't been too intense because, quite frankly, it made me sick to my stomach. Literally.
So I found a picture of a cake that was all nice and pretty with a ghoulish zombie hand coming out of the top. I told Greg that was about as gruesome as I could get with it. I probably could've done something pretty gory and not been bothered by it- it was just all those pictures together in my face just grossed me out. I feel the urge to shudder now, just thinking about them. Not into it.
Anyway, her birthday was yesterday, and this is what I presented her with:

I'm a little disappointed in the hand; I think we could have done a better job. But she loved it, so that's all that matters. And poor Elizabeth is scared of it, apparently. I guess that means we did something right.


No comments:
Post a Comment