Just a quick thing I want to share:
Last night, Bennett sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with me. He’s gotten to where he doesn’t want to read a book at night; he just wants to lie on my chest and have me sing songs to him. So I usually sing three or four little songs and then lay him down. Twinkle Twinkle is a common one, but he’s never joined in before.
Sometimes when we sing stuff downstairs, he’ll kind of make noises with us like he’s singing. Or once we quit, he’ll start up with something that sounds similar. But last night, when I started with Twinkle Twinkle, he sang along with me. Of course he didn’t say the words, but he made the correct sounds at the correct time. It was so cute!
Josh heard it over the monitor and was smiling when I got back downstairs. He said, “He sang with you.” I said, “I know! And it sounded like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!” He said, “That’s exactly what it was!”
Ahhh… the little things that make life precious. Flood? Economic crisis? What?
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment