Phone rings.
Me: "Hello?"
Woman on other end: "Hello, this is (so and so) calling from Wellstar. Is Joshua there?"
Me: "No, he's not. Can I help you with something?"
Woman: "I would like to get Joshua pre-registered for his appointment with Dr. Shapiro tomorrow. Can you do that?"
Me: "Sure, I can do that."
Woman: "Are you his mother?"
Me: "No.... I'm his wife."
Woman: "Oh. Well...... you know..... Joshua was born in 1979....."
Me: ".....right....?" (It took everything I had to keep from saying '...making him 30 years old.')
The conversation continued with no more mention of his age or whether or not he should have a wife. It was weird. I wish you could have heard the inflection in her comment. It was like she was telling me that he wasn't old enough to be married. Really? Does she not realize how many years have passed since 1979?
Also, did I sound like I could have been his mother? No offense, moms, but I would like to think that I, too, sound like a 30 year old - or even someone much younger. You know, like someone born in 1979.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


3 comments:
Oh no! What's wrong with Josh? He's got the cancer doesn't he? I knew it. It was only a matter of time, what with his unhealthy lifestyle and all. How much time does he have? Probably no more than a couple months right? I guess I'll start spreading the word that Josh only has a short time left with us. Oh everyone will be so upset.
How bizarre...
Yes, bizzare indeed. The phone conversation AND Jeff's comment.
:)
Post a Comment