Some of you have heard this story before, but I wanted to write about it anyway. I just love it.
As you know, Bennett goes to the Montessori school here. He doesn't like to talk to me much about what he does at school for some reason, but he'll talk to me about his friends sometimes. He used to come home talking about Landon and Colton all the time. Those were his buds. Some days they were his friends, some days they weren't, but it was always Landon and Colton.
Over the last couple of months it has changed to Olivia. No more Landon and Colton. It was Olivia this, Olivia that. Olivia was his new best bud. Every day, he was coming home talking to me about what he and Olivia did, or how he was going to invite her to his next birthday party.
A few weeks ago, I went to Montessori to meet with Bennett's teacher for a conference. When I got there, Bennett was finishing up his lunch at a table by himself. I joined him while I waited for his teacher.
We were talking when the door to the playground opened, and in walked three girls. A cute little blonde headed girl, who looked to be about 5, lead the pack. Bennett said, "Look, Mama! It's Olivia!" The girls walked across the room towards us. It was like a scene out of a movie, with Olivia as the head of the group and her two sidekicks following close behind.
As they neared us, Bennett said, "Olivia! Olivia! Hi Olivia!" Olivia looked at us and said, "Hi Bennett" as she and her crew passed by. Bennett turned back around in his chair and said to me, "Mama! Olivia knows my name!"
Priceless.
The Best Spiced Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping
2 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment