Monday, March 5, 2012

The Circus!

You may remember that we took Bennett to the shirt-tus last year.  We were fortunate enough to be able to go again this year.  Josh's company has a suite at Philips Arena that they use to treat their customers.  An employee has to be present to host each event, and you can request to host certain events.  Josh has hosted a few so far, including the circus the past two years.

We had four tickets.  We obviously wouldn't take Kate, and we thought about not taking Cannon for another year either.  He's not even two yet.  He doesn't have a very long attention span and has to be watched like a hawk.  I knew it could either be really good, or really bad.  But we ultimately had to take him.  It breaks my heart every time he sees Bennett get to go somewhere or do something that he can't do.  Of course he wouldn't have known about us going to the circus, but I would have known and I know I would have regretted leaving him.

I don't think the boys even knew there was a show going on.  All they wanted to do was eat!  Being in a suite, there's always lots of food.  There were chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, chicken and steak sandwiches, veggies with dip, fresh fruit, popcorn, cookies and brownies.  I couldn't get either of those boys to eat anything other than blueberries, popcorn, and cookies.  Bennett must have eaten his weight in popcorn.  Hey - it's the circus.  I'm just glad I got out of there without having to buy any cotton candy or a $22 spinny toy.




We wound up being the only ones in the suite (we went on a Monday in the middle of the day) until about an hour into the show when one of Josh's customers showed up with his wife and little boy.  Thank goodness it wasn't any more people than that, because I spent my time chasing after Cannon, who wanted to climb up and down the stairs and over into the adjoining suites the whole time.  I'm not going to say I wish we had left him, but it was definitely a struggle.

We did have a good time, though.  I hope we'll have the opportunity to go again next year.  Bennett will be 5 and Cannon will be 3.  I think that would be pretty fun.

Cannon did stop roaming long enough to shake his booty a little (literally):

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ha! Cannon's little booty shake made me smile!