Monday, October 3, 2011

Cake Catch-Up

I usually like to do these cake posts individually, but I have let so many come and go without posting, I'm just going to have to throw them all together.  So, here we go - all the way back to June

In June, we had the pleasure of creating our beloved Uga again.  The cake was a surprise for groom, Nick Jones, who was a player for the Bulldogs from '03 to '06.  The wedding was in Athens, so Josh and I got to spend some time in the Classic City while the reception went on, and we went back to retrieve our friend after it was over.


Le Jardin Blanc, a local events facility here, asked me to do this Groom's cake.  They sent me this picture of the bride and groom's door mat and wanted a cake to look like it.

 

This one was for the daughter of a good friend from high school.  Her daughter loves Tinkerbell.


This was for a St. Simons Island beach wedding.  She wanted a red theme with seashells.  Each cupcake is topped with chocolate buttercream, a thin layer of red fondant, and a white chocolate seashell.


Due the same weekend, this hula dancer got some white chocolate seashell decorations too.  How perfect!


And I did some girly cupcakes for my cousin's little girl, but I cannot get the computer to stop turning the photo!  I'm sure Josh could fix it, but he's not in here right now so I'm posting it anyway.


I got to do the 1st Birthday cake for my niece Maria.  She adores Elmo, so naturally, he is who graced her cake.

 
A friend of the hula dancer customer contacted me about doing a cake for her luau-themed 16th birthday party.  She thought about having me do another hula dancer, but also had a picture of this cake that someone else had done.  She decided on it, and was very happy with her decision.


The fiance of the best friend of the groom that was surprised with the Uga cake from above (did you get that?) contacted me to do Uga for their wedding on September 4th.  Anybody know why I was thrilled to do this cake on September 4th?  Huh?  Huh?

Only because this ol' dog was created especially for our wedding on September 4th, 2004!  And boy has he gotten around since then.  :)

Anyway, the bride-to-be wanted to change it up a little just so it wouldn't be the exact same cake they had just seen at their friends' wedding, so we decided to dress him in his black-out jersey.


Another friend from high school was celebrating her mom's birthday and her daughter's birthday in the same weekend, and got me to do both cakes.  Her mom turned 60 and loves animal print, so I did a zebra striped cake.


Her daughter wanted a princess cake and loves the color purple, so I made a pretty purple princess for her.


Le Jardin Blanc contacted me again for another groom's cake.  They sent me another picture, and again, I recreated it.  This wound up being one of those cakes that has a nice, long, disastrous story behind it, but it came out just fine in the end.  I don't have the energy to explain it all right now.  Feel free to come up with something on your own.  :)

So that's what I've been up to all summer.  Busy, busy.  And now I have nothing on the calendar.  Not one cake.  I'm a little sad about it.  But I'm not going to wish too hard for someone to contact me, because when it rains, it pours.

2 comments:

John and Erin said...

Hey Marcie,
Your cakes look amazing. I was wondering where you purchased the cardboard cupcake holder for for the box. Does that make sense? The one with the two dozen girly cupcakes. Anyway! Great job!
Erin Murray

Marcie said...

Hi Erin! Thank you! I actually ordered a huge box of them from a box manufacturer online. I have plenty if you need some - not sure how I'd get them to you, but I'd be happy to try! Let me know if you're interested...