Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Cake and Pirate Cake

Okay, time to play cake catch-up.  I've been doing cakes right and left, but haven't had time to post anything here.  But I didn't want to list them all in one post, so I'm going to post a couple at a time until I'm caught up.  I'm starting with the most recent, because those are my favorites. 

Last week my mom's cousin called me and wanted a cake.  All she said was "something springy."  She may have been thinking lots of flowers and pastels, but while I agree that spring is about flowers, I don't feel like it necessarily has to be pastels.  (Can you tell I'm not a pastel kind of girl?)

Anyway, here's my interpretation of "something springy":


After finishing up the springy cake, I had to get started on the treasure chest/treasure map cake.  This one was so much fun!  This was for a little boy whose parents got married at Le Jardin Blanc while I was the event coordinator there and whose Dad I went to high school with.

Jake wanted a Pirate Party for his 4th birthday, and his Mom didn't want it to be too skull-and-crossbone-y.  So we decided on an awesome treasure chest and treasure map.

I delivered this one to their house.  Jake's mom came out to the car as I was getting it out and was so excited about it, she said, "Jake's in time-out right now, but I'm gonna go get him so he can see it!"  Too funny.  Some things are just worth interrupting time-out for.  :)

No comments: