Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Electric Guitar Cake

My latest creation was for a girl that wanted a guitar cake for her son's second birthday. She didn't give me any instruction for this cake, other than it needed to be a guitar for a boy. She did mention the phrase 'rock star,' so I knew it needed to be more along the lines of an electric guitar rather than acoustic.

After cutting the guitar shape out of the cake, I thought it might not be quite big enough. I asked Josh if I should add another layer. He said, "No. Just add an amp." I knew there was a reason for keeping him around here. ;)

So here you have Kallen's blue electric guitar cake with amp included:


I have a Buzz Lightyear cake to do in January and a possible Lego wedding cake in February. Yes, you heard me right. A Lego wedding cake. Actually, I think it's a groom's cake, but they want it in all ivory so it'll look like a big Lego wedding cake. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I hope they get me to do it. That would be fun.

But before any of that, Curious George and his 'daboons!'

No comments: