Monday, October 25, 2010

Uncle Bob's Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend, Mama and I took Bennett and Cannon to Uncle Bob's Pumpkin Patch in Newnan. Bennett had a great time. All he wanted to do in the beginning was chase the ducks (geese?) around. Well, he wasn't really chasing them, which is good, but he followed them. And followed them. And followed them. And they just kept walking. And walking. And walking. Bennett kept saying, "Ducks! Where you going?"



After he finally tired of following those guys around, we went into the petting zoo. They had sheep (or maybe they were goats, or maybe they had both - I need to read up on my barnyard animals), rabbits, chickens, peacocks, turkeys, and a pig.


This is Bennett telling the turkey to be nice, because he stuck his finger in the cage and got it nipped.

We went on a hayride and halfway through it the man stopped so we could feed the horses some of our hay.

I tried to get a picture of the three of us, but couldn't quite get Cannon's whole face in there.


They had a really neat vine tunnel that Mama loved. She wants something like this of her own.


I had to nurse Cannon, so Mama and Bennett walked around and explored. They went into this one building where you could see honeybees making honey, and then Bennett found some dogs that he commenced to following around. They sat down to watch a puppet show, but it wound up just being story time, which Bennett was quite bored with and talked through. I had rejoined them at this point and decided it was better if we just moved on so that the other guests could enjoy the story.


Now that Cannon was full and happy, it was time for us to eat. I had made us a picnic lunch and we sat at a nice, shaded picnic table to enjoy it.


Then it was time to leave, but not before picking out a pumpkin! I chose a nice medium sized one that we will hopefully get around to carving this week.


It was a fun little outing. I'm sure it will become an annual thing for us now. :)

No comments: