Monday, November 24, 2008

"If this isn't bliss..."

I have a confession to make.

I still write in my boring ol' Microsoft Word journal. And sometimes what I write in there, I don't share here. Sometimes I just need to vent about something that is going on, or just write about really random things that are happening that I want to be able to go back and read later in life but that would seem really stupid to write in this blog.

But don't think that's where I've been all month. I haven't been totally cheating on you with Mirosoft Word. I've been pretty absent from there, too. We have been working our little tails OFF up at our money pit. It's still a money pit, but now at least you can see where the money is. It's almost nice and shiny. Pictures soon!

Anyway, the whole reason I am saying all of this is because I wrote something in there this morning that I didn't think I was going to want to share, but after writing it, decided that I would. So, here you are:

Monday, 11-24-08:

All better now. I just wanted to write something in here that I meant to write the other day. Daddy and Josh and I were working up at the green house (the norm these days), and Mama called me. Well, let me first say that Mama has been keeping Bennett every day for the last couple of weeks so that I can spend my time working up there. Saturday morning, Cici brought Elizabeth by so I could watch her because she and Greg both had to work. Well, I kept them (her and Bennett) until about 2pm because Mama had some running around she needed to do. Elizabeth is doing much, much better. She still gets a little fussy from time to time, but she’s mostly adorable. Anyway, Greg got there around 3 and wound up hanging out for a while, and then he and I both went up to the house to work with Daddy and Josh. So, Mama was left with Bennett and Elizabeth. Even on days that she just has Bennett I feel bad. Bennett is an absolute doll 90 percent of the time, and she absolutely loves keeping him. But I still feel bad sometimes that she keeps him for me all day. I know I’m working my butt off doing something else; it’s not like I’m off lounging or anything, but still. Anyway, Saturday while we were up there working I couldn’t help but think about Mama and what kind of a time she was having keeping both of those babies. Well, she called me around 6ish and said, “If this isn’t bliss, I don’t know what is. I’ve got one baby asleep upstairs, one baby asleep downstairs, I can hear the clock ticking, I can smell beef stew, and I’m drinking a glass of wine.”

She was so happy. Life is good.

Of course, Daddy called her a little later on and she had to let him go rather quickly because “I’ve got two babies awake.”

That’s all. Bennett is now waking up across the hall, so I need to go get my little crumb crusher.

No comments: